Conscious Cafe launch
On 4th December 2014, we launched the first of our Conscious Cafe events. 60 people attended and here’s what we discussed.
• The joys and heartaches of partnerships – Mr Yorkshire, Canon Keith Madeley
• Enabling accessibility and participation for all – Amanda Heenan
• Mental Wellbeing – the wider picture – Dr Ian Kenvyn
• Your Life’s Adventure – Dr Jean Garrod
• Caring for People – Finding the Balance – Anj Handa
• Vulnerability & Social Isolation – Vivienne Duke
• Resilient Young People – Bernadette Speight
Delivering Social Value through Community Collaboration
The Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012 requires that you deliver social value in all public service contracts of all types. Scary? It needn’t be – we can help you!
On 6th June 2014, we brought together people from all sectors and sizes of organisations and gave them a space to explore together how building Social Value can benefit their organisations; we shared practical approaches to delivering, measuring, evaluating and evidencing Social Value; we were inspired by fantastic speakers; and best of all, we heard how people in the room were helping their own communities.
Feedback from the seminar included “Super, smashing, great” and “Inspiring”. Have a read of our Seminar report – there were some great ideas from delegates.